Fourth and final suspect arrested in connection with January shooting at Woodbine and Kingston that injured two men

Toronto police stand near an Audi on Queen Street East near Woodbine Avenue on Jan. 6 after a shooting that injured two men in the vehicle. Photo by Alan Shackleton.

Toronto police have arrested the fourth and final suspect wanted in connection with a daylight shooting at Kingston Road and Woodbine Avenue in January of this year that wounded two men.

The shooting took place at about 2:30 p.m. on the afternoon of Sunday, Jan. 6 at the intersection after an incident between the occupants of two vehicles.

Police officers from 55 Division had arrested two men within minutes of the shooting taking place, and a third was arrested in Barrie on Jan. 18.

The shooting, which took place in the middle of a Sunday afternoon in a busy intersection, sparked outrage and concern among local residents about increasing gun violence in Toronto. The shooting took place the first week of the New Year, immediately after Toronto had come of the year of  2018 in which a record number of 96 murders had taken place.

The Jan. 6 incident began  when an Audi stopped at a red light at Kingston and Woodbine was approached from behind by a black Mercedes, police said.

Police alleged the Mercedes came to a stop behind the Audi and a man got out of the Mercedes and approached the passenger side of the Audi. The man had a firearm in his hand and began to shoot inside the Audi, police alleged, hitting two men in the car.

The victims both received gunshot wounds, but their injuries were not life threatening, police said.

The driver of the Audi drove south on Woodbine, turned west onto Queen and came to a stop in front of a store, just east of Rainsford. They were treated for their injuries at that location, and then taken to hospital.

While that was happening, police alleged that the driver remained in the Mercedes, sped off on Woodbine Avenue, and became involved in a collision on Queen east of Woodbine. At that point, police said four males ran from the Mercedes.

Police flooded the area immediately after the shooting and responding officers arrested two of the males who had allegedly fled from the Mercedes.

Three firearms were also seized after the shooting, police said.

Arrested on Jan. 6 were Rodrigues Sendia, 20, and Ajmain Rahman, 20, both of Toronto. They both face a number of charges including attempted murder.

On Jan. 18, John Okoro, 23, of Toronto, was arrested in Barrie. He also faces a number of charges including attempted murder.

After that arrest, police said they were still looking for one more suspect in connection with the incident.

On Wednesday, March 27, Dorshon Glasgow, 19, of Toronto, was arrested and charged with two counts of attempted murder, unauthorized possession of a firearm in a motor vehicle, possession of an unauthorized firearm, carrying a concealed weapon, careless use of a firearm and possession of weapon.

Was this article informative? Become a Beach Metro Community News Supporter today! For 50 years, we have worked hard to be the eyes and ears in your community, inform you of upcoming events, and let you know what and who is making a difference. We cover the big stories as well as the little things that often matter the most. CLICK HERE to support your Beach Metro Community News!