Beach volleyballers Mark Heese and John Child have won the Canadian National Championship eight times, and were Bronze medalists at the Olympic Games in Atlanta in 1996. That was the inaugural year for beach volleyball as an Olympic sport. The pair are operating a beach volleyball camp this summer in Ashbridges Bay. For more information visit their website at childheese.com.
The guys were good enough to take the time to respond to our 5 minutes – 5 questions spot, but like so many athletes, they were very direct and to the point. So, this is going to be a short, but interesting column.
1. What is your favourite place in the Beach? – “The Green Dragon.”
2. What is the last movie you have seen? – “Mission Impossible.”
3. What is the last book you have read? – “The Hunger Games.”
4. What is your favourite TV program? – “Any sporting event, especially NFL football.”
5. Cat or Dog? – “Cat…we have one.”
1. What is your favourite place in the Beach? – “Ashbridges Bay, of course.”
2. What is the last movie you have seen? – “Drillbit Taylor (a comedy starring Owen Wilson)”
3. What is the last book you have read? – “Saturday, by Ian MacEwan.”
4. What is your favourite TV program? – “ Modern Family.”
5. Cat or Dog? – “ Dog.”