Teens charged in connection with alleged armed robberies at East Toronto convenience stores

Toronto police have arrested two boys, ages 15 and 17, in connection with a trio of alleged armed robberies at convenience stores in East Toronto earlier this year.

A 15-year-old boy and a 17-year-old boy have been arrested in connection with a trio of alleged convenience store robberies in East Toronto.

According to the  Toronto Police Service Hold Up Squad, the alleged robberies took place between April 9 and May 9 of this year. The convenience stores that were allegedly robbed are located at Queen Street East and Hambly Avenue; Kingston Road and Cathedral Bluffs Drive; and Danforth and Pape avenues, police said.

In each incident, police alleged two boys entered a convenience store while wearing masks. One of them allegedly produced a handgun, and in two of the other incidents the other boy allegedly produced a knife, police said. In all of the incidents, police said a demand for cash was made.

In one of the incidents, police said a store employee was allegedly assaulted. The victim was taken to hospital and treated for minor injuries, police said.

Members of the Hold Up Squad began an investigation and were able to identify two boys as suspects, police said.

On Thursday, May 18, police executed a Criminal Code Search Warrant in relation to the investigation. One of the boys was located and taken into custody.

At the time of the search related to the warrant, police alleged officers recovered items of evidentiary value related to the investigation

Police said that on May 18, the other boy turned himself in at the 55 Division police station on Coxwell Avenue and was taken into custody.

A boy, 17, of Toronto, was charged with three counts of robbery with a firearm, two counts of disguise with intent, assault causing bodily harm, two counts of carrying a concealed weapon and two counts of weapons dangerous.

A boy, 15, of Toronto, was charged with three counts of robbery with a firearm, three counts of disguise with intent, uttering threats, three counts of carrying a concealed weapon and three counts of weapons dangerous.

Under the provisions of the Youth Criminal Justice Act, the accused teens cannot be identified.

Anyone with information is asked to contact the Hold Up Squad at 416-808-7350, or Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-8477 or at https://www.222tips.com


Was this article informative? Become a Beach Metro Community News Supporter today! For 50 years, we have worked hard to be the eyes and ears in your community, inform you of upcoming events, and let you know what and who is making a difference. We cover the big stories as well as the little things that often matter the most. CLICK HERE to support your Beach Metro Community News!